Some Site Related Stuff

Finally went and figured out LiveJournal rss and added the folks at 1-18-08.livejournal to the blog feed. You'll notice it's hosed. That happens when I add a new blog to the aggregator. I suppose I could run mirror aggregations and just switch them out after the flood of new content from new additions had time to integrate with the sparse new content from already assimilated blogs, but I'm too lazy and you don't have any idea what I'm talking about. That's okay since "site news" is lame anyway. But I think I may have figured out what I screwed up on this particular blog that's preventing Google from indexing it. This is a problem, and it's a problem I've been aware of for some time. The fact that I'm just now attending to it suggests I shouldn't be blogging. Or maybe it means I should. Anyway, this post really isn't about me wanting to share site news with you, it's about me wanting to test my fix. Specifically, light up my feed with a new post and see if it gets Google's attention. Please work. Please work. I don't want to have to futz with this any more.

Otherwise, I'm hoping LiveJournal's rss starts showing something relevant (read: recent) since I like those guys and would hate to have to cut them out just for choosing to post on a lame site. Speaking of lame, how disappointing is the WordPress community? And to think I thought those guys had it going on. Content people. Content.

Other than that, not much to report. I've so far managed to ignore the 1-18-08/Cloverfield themed blog latecomers, and it doesn’t look like I've missed anything. However, if that's you (you have a cloverfield blog, but it's not on the blogroll over their to the right), and you're in it for the long haul, email or comment with your url and I'll check it/you out.

Tags: , ,

0 comments: